- Monday started with Google acquiring Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion.
- So iPad 3 is not coming the year. We figured this although the rumors kept saying this year.
- Best Buy has 200k unsold HP TouchPads & wants to return them to HP. Terrible sales even with price cut.
- iPad KO's another challenger - HP TouchPad. HP will discontinue the failed TouchPad tablet.
- Sorry to all the HP #TouchPad owners. This is why being an early adopter is not always good. Better to wait especially with tablets.
- Not tablet-related but we tweeted: So Motorola Bionic seems like the phone to beat but not for $300. Who can afford that in this economy?
- HP is selling TouchPad 16gb for $99. Starts 7am est on Saturday at hp.com. 32gb is $150. Great deal. (We were one of the first blogs to report this on Friday night at 10:56pm EST)
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Weekly Wrap-Up: 8/19/11
With all the news on the HP TouchPad, we are late posting our Weekly Wrap-Up section. All Weekly Wrap-Ups are supposed to be for the week ending Friday. Here are all the tweets we posted for the week ending 8/19/11 :