Some people love Black Friday sales, I know I do. One can find incredible sales on many items. This year, I have decided to put together a Black Friday Tablet Deals post. It will be updated as more details come in. If you know of any sales that I have not mentioned below, please put them in the comment section. However, please do not make things up. Note source that you received the info, the store and which version of the tablet that is on sale. This year consumers have many choices in the tablet market. So here are the first items:
Always a mad zoo on Black Friday, lines are super long. Doors will open at midnight with tickets being given out up to two hours before midnight. Here are the sales:
- Asus 10.1” Transformer - $249.99; one of the better 10” tablets out there. I like this deal at $250.
- Toshiba Thrive 10.1” - $279.99; Decent tablet but not one of the best ones in my opinion. However, it does offer full ports (USB, HDMI, etc.) than any other tablet. At this price, its a little too high.
- Acer Iconia 7” = $189.99; If you want a 7” Android 3.2 Honeycomb tablet, this is an excellent deal. I cannot comment on the quality of the tablet. The 10” Iconia had so-so reviews. But hey its $190; cheaper than the Kindle Fire or Nook Color but gives you full tablet experience.
- Rocketfish Stylus - $4.99; Not a tbalet of course but if you need a stylus, this is a great deal.
- Various cases for Iconia 7” ($14.99), Galaxy Tab 10.1” ($9.99), and iPad 2 ($9.99).
This store has great sales at time. Definitely do not fall asleep on Staples. Unfortunately, not much selection in tablets this year.
- RIM BlackBerry PlayBook - $199; see our review of the PlayBook. Hardware is excellent but the software is its weakness. I would not recommend this tablet but if you want one, its a great price.
- Acer Iconia 10.1” - $299; still higher than I would like this tablet to be. Its not one of the better 10” ones so I may pass on this.
- Nook Color - $199 with $25 Staples gift card. For a net of $174, you can hack this eReader into a functional tablet. With the new Nook Color around the corner, price could drop further.
Kmart is not my favorite place as they rarely have good deals and when they do, they have limited stock. Anyhow, only tablet:
- Velocity Micro R102 eReader - $69.99; not our recommendation but people seem to like this brand.
Do note that the retailers have the right to change the sale item or price.
Happy hunting. Feel free to post any deals that you hear about.