Here are the differences:
- Reader will have a ratio of 4x3 resistive screen while the Tablet will have 16:9 capacitive screen
- Reader will have 800x600 resolution while the Tablet will have 800x480
- Tablet has multi-touch while the Reader does not
- Reader will have a docking station
- Reader will have 802.11b/g wifi while the Tablet will have 802.11n for faster connectivity
- Tablet will have 1GB of internal storage with an 8GB SD card to be included. Reader will have 256MB internal storage and include a 2GB SD card.
- Tablet will have 512MB of RAM while the Reader has 256MB of RAM.
- Operates at 600MHz
- Dual core
- H.264 decoding unit
We will be asking Velocity Micro for an update on this. In addition, we are in the process of obtaining a Cruz Tablet to do a full review.